Tuesday 10 December 2013

Blog #6 - Maybe Mobile?

Now that I'm 75% through my secondary education, it's time I start thinking about everything I've learned in all my courses and decide which career path I'd like to take.

So far the courses that I most enjoyed were those of Sean Morrow, specifically the ones where I learned Visual Basic.NET, Java and Android. I was a little shaky starting off because it was so new, but now that I'm used to it I feel like programming is something that I want to do for the rest of my life.

If I narrowed my choices down to which two languages I would really like to master, I would choose Java and Android, which is somewhat funny because Android uses Java. Java just seems the most logical choice for me because I found it the easiest to learn and work with. I even did Java projects in my free time to create things for video games that I thought would be handy, and now that I know Android I think I'll be making my own apps if I can't find one in the Play Store that meets my expectations or needs. The only downside is not owning an Android device of my own, so having to use an emulator every time I wanted to use my app doesn't seem very practical.

When it comes to what company I'll be working for, I'd prefer to work for a big one that's at least renowned in the province, or if possible the country, that will keep me for a long time. I'll need to build up my knowledge and experience on programming before I can be of substantial use to the company though, since I assume all the big ones require diligent workers whom know what they're doing and do it well.

A nice thought to help me keep going towards my future goals and dreams, but winning the lottery sure would make them come true faster. Don't get me wrong, even if I won the lottery I'd still want to do programming work.

No comments:

Post a Comment